You know when you just reach for your phone for no reason, then you open Instagram just for fun or in my case do some more pinning with the valid reason that it’s helping my blog 😉
But seriously even when I am just relaxing and watching series I feel the need to pick up my phone-clearly it’s a problem.
I love social media, connecting with so many people, I love love blogging and taking pictures etc. There are so many good things about it yet there are definitely unfortunate side effects (mom, don’t we know about side effects 😉
Maybe calling it an obsession is a bit much but just today I’ve realised how much phone time I’ve had and it really doesn’t make me feel very good inside.
Social media really doesn’t fill you up, if you read this post about bible time you know about my struggle with this and how I had to learn to prioritise God.
So what to do when your phone is becoming an attachment to you:
- Admit you need a break and that social media might have even become an idol.
- Delete the app that is the culprit. Take a break. What’s really helped me with this problem is take a day off of social media every week.
- Choose your favourite social medias and ditch the rest. We don’t need to be active on them all:)
- Talk to God about this. He wants to help you. He can help you prioritise your time and focus on more important things.
- Unfollow the people who don’t make you feel good. Every few months I go through who I’m following and unfollow people who just don’t make me feel good or are triggering comparison. It’s totally okay to do this and it’s not personal.
All these things are just helping you guard your heart and prioritise God above everything else.
-Stock Photo from Pexels